Cause And Effect
Twa Digs Under Paris
i shin ohn
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
side one CHAMBER INDUSTRIAL
1. Homo Erectus Java Man Carried Water
2. Webern's Grave
3. Concrete Nouns
4. excerpt from Serial Music
5. excerpt from Svengali
side two ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL
1. Infinite Man Is Not Destroyed
2. excerpt from Urgent Dearth Rattle
3. Overheard In The Avant Garde Cafe
4. Contemporary Voyeurism
5. Contemporary Voyeurism dub
Twa Digs Under Paris is an intermedia collaboration group fusing new music, film, art installation and performance art into challenging new modes of expression. The live improvised performances contained in I SHIN OHN are a brilliant mixture of free jazz, atonalism, dadaist absurdity and spontaneity and disjointed free-form poetics. Instrumentation includes flute, tapes, saxes, piano, percussion, ocarina, bass, synth, guitar and voice. Comes with a finely printed insert booklet with texts and lyrics. Titles include "Webern's Grave", "Concrete Nouns", "Contemporary Voyeurism", and "Homo Erectus Java Man Carried Water". Unique and eclectic.
- January 1985 Cause And Effect Cassette Distribution Catalog
The i shin ohn cassette and booklet are presented here in archival form with the permission of Miekal And, who provided new digital transfers from the original master tape and scans from the original cover and booklet masters.
i shin ohn by Twa Digs Under Paris was listed in the January 1985 Cause And Effect Cassette Distribution catalog.
It is presented here strictly for archival, educational, historical, and non-commercial purposes. All rights belong to the artist.
Audio files are transcriptions of the entire sides of the cassette, not divided into tracks. This was done for two reasons:
1) to give the listener an opportunity to hear the sides of the tape as continuous listening experiences just as someone might have heard them if they bought the tape from Cause And Effect in 1985
2) to highlight and emphasize the non-commercial nature of this archival presentation
The main purposes here are to preserve artifacts and documents of Cassette Culture Era history, and to honor the artists and labels who produced them.
This is the 38th entry of a project that I have recently commenced to thoroughly document the cassettes that were distributed and produced by Cause And Effect. I expect this project to take several years to complete.
More information on i shin ohn and Cause And Effect can be found here